National Media Group (NMG) and the Skolkovo Foundation (VEB.RF Group) are launching the Media Gate competition for innovative projects, with potential entry into the media market for industry start-ups. Applications will be accepted from June 8 on the competition website.
- Team of three or more people.
- Developed project (existing sales or pilot project).
- Falls under one of the competition categories.
- Registration as a legal entity/individual entrepreneur.
- Implementation impact analysis (based on open-source data).
Competition categories: machine learning and artificial intelligence, media infrastructure, computer graphics and animation, and B2C products that can strengthen NMG’s business.
Opportunities for finalists:
- Feedback from NMG experts and top executives, launch of a pilot, and conclusion of a long-term partnership with the holding.
- Free participation in the FAST TRACK program. Skolkovo project participant status provides access to effective tools for developing technology entrepreneurship and research.
- Inclusion in the first Russian Media Technology Map: an overview of technologies and business cases on the media market.
Svetlana Balanova, CEO of National Media Group: “The modern media market can be expressed as creativity multiplied by technology. We strive to provide our customers with compelling products in all environments, at a convenient time, and technology helps us to meet this challenge. By initiating a start-up competition together with Skolkovo, we expect to find synergy with NMG's key business areas, and new, interesting solutions that can be scaled to our business and deliver the best practices for our customers.”
Konstantin Parshin, Vice President, Executive Director of the Information Technology Cluster at the Skolkovo Foundation: “The media market is a dynamic and highly competitive environment. Players who are both well versed in modern technologies and flexible and quick decision makers have great potential. For this reason, partnerships with tech companies and start-ups have a significant impact on shareholder value and, in general, on the long-term growth strategy of large companies. We are pleased to provide Russian projects with a unique opportunity to connect with National Media Group, which boasts extensive media expertise. In addition, the competition will lead to the creation of a public Media Technology Map, which will be beneficial for the market as a whole.”
The final of the competition will be held in demo day format in September 2021. As part of the event, the Skolkovo Foundation will create the first Russian Media Technology Map, which aims to close the gap between major industry players and young technology teams offering innovative solutions for the industry. Participants in the Media Gate competition will be the first to be included in the map, which will be posted in the public domain and will become a gateway to the media industry market. Consultants, media holdings, advertising agencies, venture capital funds, and other market players will be able to use it to find media solutions.
© 2022 Concept and design by Design Studio
All rights reserved